February 25, 2012

Chai It!

I spent the majority of my day with 3 of my awesome classmates, Nicole, Charissa and Kyle! Charissa was sweet enough to invite us over to her apartment to work on a group presentation that we have next week.  And get this...she made us an absolutely delicious breakfast! How awesome is she?


Such a nice spread! We were all very excited and more than ready to dig in.


She made us homemade cornbread muffins, hashbrowns, poached eggs, and oranges! OJ and coffee (hand delivered to us by the lovely Nicole) on the side.  She also made turkey bacon for my meat loving friends!

I haven't had anyone make me breakfast in quite some time so this such a treat! Thanks again, Charissa! Great food, great friends...great way to spend my Saturday! 

After we were finished working on our assignment I headed home for quite a late lunch/snack.  I spent the rest of the afternoon relaxing and watching some TV.  Felt nice to relax after a busy week! 

Later on this evening I wanted something warm and delicious to drink but wasn't sure what.  I started to think about chai tea, which I love! Unfortunately I didn't have any left (boo)...So what do I do when a situation like this happens? Why, make my own blend of course!


I used 3/4 cup work of english breakfast tea (the dark mix) which I took from about 15 or so tea bags,  2 tsp organic cinnamon (seriously so much better than regular), 2 tsp ground ginger, 1/2 tsp ground cloves, 1 tsp ground nutmeg, 1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper.

Mix all ingredients together.  To make the perfect cup of chai, add 1 tbsp of the mix into an empty tea bag, add about 1/2-3/4 cup of boiling water (depending on your preference).  Let sit for 5-7 minutes.  Add milk of choice (I used soy) and sweetener, such as honey, agave, sugar (I used one drop of liquid stevia - don't like things very sweet).


I was quite happy with the result of this chai, however, I would have preferred a spicier drink.  Perhaps some extra ginger and pepper? I'll have to play around with it to find my perfect mix.  I still really enjoyed this drink though.  Warm and comforting.

I'm now making Francis some chocolate chip cookies...so I better get going before they burn ;)

Have a wonderful Saturday night!



No comments:

Post a Comment