They are extremely easy to make and keep well for a long time, especially when kept in the freezer. Please make them. Your boyfriend/girlfriend, family, co-workers will thank you!
Chocolate Peppy Squares
Adapted from www.ohsheglows.com
2 cups oats (blended into fine flour)
1/2 cup walnuts
1/2 cup almonds
5 tbsp cocoa powder
1/2 tsp fine sea salt
2 tbsp soy milk/almond milk
5 tbsp maple syrup2 tsp peppermint extract (depending on taste)
1/4 cup oats
1/2 cup mint chocolate chips (ohhh yeahhhhh)
1/2 cup mint chocolate chips (for topping)
1 tbsp coconut oil (for topping)
flaked coconut (for garnish)
1. Blend oats into flour using blender or food processor. Put into bowl (I used my stand mixer)
2. Process nuts until semi-fine consistency. The consistency is a personal preference. Add nuts to oats mixture.
3. Add cocoa powder, sea salt, milk, maple syrup (make sure you add all 5 tbsp as this helps bind the "dough"), peppermint extract, oats and 1/2 cup mint chocolate chips.
4. Mix until well combined.
5. Line an 8 by 8 baking dish with wax paper. Add mixture to dish. Press down using your fingers until everything is firmly pressed together.
6. Melt 1/2 cup mint chocolate chips and 1 tbsp coconut oil in the microwave until melted.
7. Pour and spread over top of mixture.
8. Sprinkle with coconut. Put in the freezer until chocolate topping has set.
This is why wax paper is so amazing! Comes out clean without any sticking.
9. Cut into as many squares as you'd like.
10. Freeze and enjoy!
And yes, I realize I am a huge nerd considering I labelled the bag, but I mean, come on...who doesn't love labelling? Am I right? Please tell me I am...