Roasted Tomato Soup
adapted from somewhere that I can't remember...
6-8 tomatoes on the vine cut into quarters
1 yellow onion cut into quarters
head of garlic
juice of 1/2 lemon
2-3 tbsp olive oil
pinch of cayenne pepper
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Cut top off of garlic head. Put head down on cookie sheet. Drizzle with olive oil. Bake for 30-45 minutes until lightly brown.
2. Put tomatoes, onion, fresh herbs (to taste), olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper (to taste) and cayenne pepper (1-2 pinches) into large bowl.
3. Mix with hands until combined.
5. Add all tomato mixture to blender. Squeeze out roasted garlic into blender. Blend until it reaches your desired consistency. I blended until it was completely smooth and creamy!
6. Serve, garnish and enjoy!