October 19, 2011

Productive Day!

Today was a great day. I started the day off with a warm bowl of oatmeal topped with apple butter. Then I volunteered in a Kindergarten class for a couple hours, which was a lot of fun.  


One thing I learned: the chicken dance is still as big a hit as it was when I was a kid. I didn't know kids still liked it. They do, and so do. Fun times. 


This pretty much sums up my afternoon. Lots of homework/studying was done. It was a productive day. I have the TV not being turned on all day to thank. It's amazing how much you can get done if you don't turn the TV on, even for a few minutes...because we all know that a few minutes turn into an hour...two...three...Not good.


For lunch I had a chipotle hummus sandwich on ezeikiel bread, made from sprouted grains and lentils. Sounds kinda gross but it isn't, trust me. Orange pepper, tomato, cucumber and grated carrot on top of the hummus. Veggies on the side.


Too bad it's blurry, because it looked and was so good. This picture doesn't make it look very good...


banana with almond butter as my pre workout fuel. I also had an Elevate Me bar in tropical. I went to the completely packed gym tonight for a spin class. Did about 20 minutes on the treadmill while I was waiting. I haven't been to a class in awhile and it was just as good as I remember. The music wasn't fantastic and wasn't loud enough...but overall, I enjoyed it. We also did about 10 mins of abs at the end of class.

When I got home I had some leftover chill I made a few days ago (it's all gone and I'm really sad...) and an edamame salad. For dessert I had a peppermint bark luna bar. SO GOOD! probably one of my favourite things to eat. I don't buy them often, but when I do it is such a treat. They are crunchy, chewy, not too sweet, minty, chocolaty...and a lot more "eee"'s that I can't think of right now... :)


At about 8:30 pm, and I had done all the dishes...I realized I was kinda bored and wanted to bake something. These are Mama Peas (Peas and Thank You) Banana Chocolate Millet Muffins.


Ready for the oven!


This is how they're supposed to turn out....so how did I do?


Well....


They're no mama pea, but they look pretty darn good! They probably would have looked better if I drizzled chocolate over top. Can't wait to have one for breakfast!!! I think I'll go to sleep now so morning will come faster!

I'll post the recipe soon!

Night night!

No comments:

Post a Comment