July 17, 2011

Another Rainy Day

Ahhh...another beautiful rainy day in Victoria.  I can't believe it's the middle of July and it feels like a rainy spring day.  It's supposed to be hot and sunny. WTF Mother Nature...what are you thinking??????? The weather obviously didn't change my appetite this morning.


 Another smoothie in a bowl. I figured it was time to retire the yogurt for a few days and give my other breakfasts some lovin'! Don't want to leave anybody out ;)


Frozen strawberries, banana, almond milk and 2 tbsp of Vega Shake & Go Smoothie in Vanilla Almond. Topped with some 5 Minute Granola, raspberries and chia seeds. Chi chi chi chia!!!! (that'll never get old).

For lunch today I had some millet, which I cooked with curry, cumin, chilli powder and a sprinkle of salt and some canned kidney beans from Eden organic.  I love their canned products because they don't add any extra salt.  Ingredients? Water and kombu.  Kombu is a seaweed, rich in vitamins and minerals and helps with the gasiness (not a real word I know...) of beans.  If you are cooking dried beans, put a piece of kombu in the pot.  This also adds some wonderful flavour to your beans.


To jazz things up a bit, I added some tomato sauce and mixed everything together. Some fresh veggies on the side.


I love eating veggies because I'm not a huge fan of water.  I don't know why, but I have a very hard time drinking it. I have to force myself.  I try very hard to stay hydrated especially because of all the running I do, but tap water isn't ma thang. I opt for water rich veggies and fruits instead such as cucumber, peppers, lettuce, carrots, watermelon, apples, oranges, grapefruit, pineapple, melon...and the list goes on and on. Now, don't those things sound much more fun than tap water :) I think so too!

For dinner tonight I used up the rest of the millet and beans topped them on a bed of greens.  Romaine hearts, baby spinach, beans, millet, tomatoes, cucumbers and basil vinaigrette. Mmmm mmmm good!


Look at those beautiful colours.


I can never decide which angle I like best, so both it is!

I am now sipping on some delicious buttered rum. And no, it's not what you're thinking. It's not actually buttered rum, it's buttered rum tea! I know, I couldn't believe it either. I couldn't believe how delicious this tea smelled, so I had to buy just a wee bit to try. I'm so flippin' happy that I did because this tea is seriously amazing. It's like dessert in a cup...in liquid form...so it's not exactly like dessert, but it will do!

Off to have a relaxing night. I have an early spin date tomorrow. Gotta rest up! WEEEE I'm so excited! I LOVE SPIN! 

Night night,
Amy




2 comments:

  1. Loving the blog Amy! I made your 5 minute granola a few days ago and was pretty jazzed with the outcome - you know of my fondness for granola! Ditto on the weather though - umm July what??!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Dustin! Glad you liked the granola...isn't it seriously delish? I make it like 3 times a week lol! I'm excited to see you tomorrow :)

    ReplyDelete