|ALMOST too pretty to eat. I said almost...|
Sunday was another AMAZING day. We started our day off by going to Willie's Bakery and Cafe on Lo Jo. I have gone past here hundreds of times...get my hair done right beside it, eat and shop all the way around it and yet I've never gone in. So, we decided to check it out after Britta recommended it to me! Holy moly was it ever good! I wasn't sure what to order...there were so many amazing things on the menu and I was very excited...so I started off with an americano and decided on the cinnamon raisin french toast. I had 2 slices and left the 3rd for Francis. Stuffed to the brim!
My mom got the pancakes (BEST I HAVE EVER HAD OUT), an egg and sausage.
Francis got the huevos rancheros, what else? Isn't he handsome?
|Goods from Costco: yogurt, hummus, mango, lettuce, blackberries, tomatoes, organic eggs and a melon. The only things that aren't pictured are pears, oranges and chicken.|
When I got home I had a little facetime sesh with my sis, snacked on some mango and made some delicious dinner. Garam Masala Yogurt Chicken it was!!!
Garam Masala Yogurt Chicken
1 medium onion, chopped
3 gloves garlic, minced
1 tsp grated ginger
1 tsp tumeric
1 1/2 tsp garam masala
3/4 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup greek yogurt
1 cup grape/cherry tomatoes
2-3 chicken breasts
1. Put 1 tbsp of olive oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Once hot, add in onion, garlic and ginger. Cook until onion is soft.
2. Add in spices and cook for about 2 mins.
3. Turn down heat to low/medium. Wait for a minute or so until it cools down and then add in the yogurt stirring frequently until it is well combined with other ingredients.
4. Cut tomatoes in half and add them to the mixture. Cut up chicken breast into strips or bite size pieces and add them in as well.
5. Stir to combine all ingredients, and cover with a lid. On medium heat, allow chicken to steam for about 20-30 minutes, checking every 10 mins.
6. Serve over grain of choice, top with greek yogurt!
Hope you all have a wonderful Monday! Here is my FAVOURITE song right now. Feel free to get up and dance to it...you know you wanna ;)