November 25, 2012

Healthy Breakfast Cookies

Man oh man has it ever been a busy couple of months! This weekend was one of the only weekends I haven't been planning and marking for the following week and I have to tell you...it has been really nice!  Yesterday Francis and I spent the day together and today I spent my morning and afternoon tidying up, doing laundry, vacuuming, cleaning the bathroom, dusting...and all of that good stuff.  You're jealous, I know.

I also wanted to prepare some breakfast cookies for the week ahead! These incredibly healthy and filling cookies are the perfect grab and go breakfast or afternoon snack.  I actually think they are the BEST healthy cookies I have ever made...and that is saying a lot!

 Breakfast Cookies

Ingredients
1 1/2 cups regular rolled oats
1 cup coconut flakes
1/2 cup chopped hazelnuts, or nuts of choice
1/4 cup almond meal
1 cup chopped dried figs, or fruit of choice
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp all spice
1 tsp cinnamon


Wet Ingredients
3 medium ripe bananas
1/4 cup mild and light olive oil
1 tsp vanilla extract

Directions
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees celsius
2. Combine oats, coconut flakes, nuts, almond meal and spices in a large bowl or mixer.
3. Add spices and mixed fruit.  Mix well and make sure the fruit isn't stuck together in a clump!
4. Mash bananas, add oil and vanilla in a small bowl.
5. Combine wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix until very combined.
6. Bake on a silpat or a sprayed cookie sheet for 20-23 minutes until golden brown!

Unfortunately I am completely out of space for pictures on my blog.  Not sure what to do about that at the moment so I guess you'll just have to make these cookies and see their greatness for yourself :)

Well...I am off to get for a run! The weather is perfect and I need some fresh air.  Hope you all enjoy the rest of of your Sunday!

Amy 
xo


No comments:

Post a Comment